Friday, May 18, 2007

Wheels on the Bike Go Round and Round


Just a quick note to remind everyone that today is National Bike to Work Day. In honor of the event, I did! This is the second time I've managed it in a month, but I'll be making an effort to get off my duff and do this more. The trip takes about 12 minutes from our garage door to the gate of my office building. Considering that it takes me 6-8 minutes to drive, that's kind of amazing. Of course, it's going to get mighty hot and rainy here soon, but I'll do it as long as I can stand it in the hopes that some meager bike commuting habit gets established by the time it cools off again.

Happy biking!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Going to work in the mornings shouldn't be too bad but coming home could be rather wet. Our afternoon showers always seem to hit about 5. Good luck!! You go girl!! Mom

Shandy said...

Yep, just so. It's becoming more difficult to schedule things like this (or hanging clothes out, for that matter). Florida is always a challenge!